Jury Innovation Awards presents nominees of 2017
- 21 September, 2017
- Amsterdam Security
“Smart and digital solutions are the trend”
Which exceptional products and solutions in the security and fire-safety industry qualify for the prestigious Innovation Awards? Today the jury – with chair Hélène Minderman (TLN, Security Professional of the Year 2016) - announced the nominees of 2017. The Innovation Awards are organized every two years during Amsterdam Security Expo, the final winners of this year will receive their Award at October 31 at 11 a.m. at the InnovationLAB. In total, the jury selected 14 nominees, divided over 5 categories; Fire safety, Solutions, Burglar & Alarm Systems, CCTV and Access control. In general the jury was impressed by the amount of innovations they received. Jury chair Hélène Minderman: “We see a clear trend of smart and digital solutions in the security and fire-safety industry!”
In addition to Minderman the jury of the Innovation Awards 2017 consists of Jan Kuipers (VEB), Fred van Poelgeest (Uneto-VNI), Paul van Dooren, Netherlands Fire Service (Brandweer Nederland), Rick Strijbos (KNVI SIG IBIS), Pieter van Gelder (TU Delft Safety and Security Institute) and Ben Nagel (VBN).Criteria
The jury used several criteria to make this first selection of nominees. To be judged in the first place the innovation should be – among other things - introduced after June 2015, be widely applicable and have a good price-performance rate. Important criteria to be selected as nominee were furthermore sustainability and a clear contribution to a “safer world”. Visitors of Amsterdam Security Expo can see all nominated products and solutions in the InnovationLAB.
Nominees Fire Safety
- ARAS Security with the Bosch AVIOTEC IP Starlight 8000 camera, a video-based fire and smoke detector for environments where fire detection is more difficult for standard fire detectors, such as in industry, transport and warehouses.
- Smart Service Solutions with Smart Service Logger, a plug and play device that automatically registers notifications in the Digital Log. Four contact inputs are logged: the fire alarm from automatic alarm, the fire alarm from hand detector, a malfunctioning system and disabled system part.
Nominees Category Solutions
- Kiwa Nederland B.V. with TISC (Total Information Security Control), the first integral Testing, Inspection & Certification methodology, with a focus on abstraction level and content, covering EU data protection rules and business processes (ISO 27001) to provide protection for Business Continuity.
- Telepage B.V. with a smartphone with Built-in Beep, Portable and Personal Security with Manual and Automatic Alarms and Location Determination.
- PG Security Systems B.V. is nominated with Healthcare Anywhere, the smallest portable care solution for needy people. With its 48 hours standby time and smart upload system, everyone can get along.
Burglar & Alarm systems nominees
- OSEC B.V. with InteGrum Server Software, developed for user or installer to manage many InteGra integration systems through your own cloud. A clear interface allows easy management.
- ARAS Security with their Smart Wireless Security System, originating from their brand AJAX. AJAX Systems consists of a complete program of Smart Security Devices that combines unique and innovative solutions with sublime design.
- RoutIT with 247Alarm. This innovative alarm center for the business market will be introduced during Amsterdam Security Expo. With this new cloud service, RoutIT allows customers to receive and process alarm alerts via an app.
Nominees Access Control
- KRUSE for their KRUSE PC SleutelSafe PUSH, these key tubes are designed to provide the fire brigade with fast access to a property without violence or damage.
- Comelit for the Icona Manager. Thanks to this three-and-one safety system you can ensure total home security. The three collaborative features are: door intercom, camera surveillance and burglary protection.
- ARAS Security with Phera. Phera brings the world of Office 365 and Spotify to security. Software no longer needs to be purchased and maintained: through Phera the full access control system can be operated via any user-friendly interface over any web browser, on all devices.
- Dahua Europe BV with the new DH-SD10A248V-HNI adopts top-notch DSP and advanced image sensor and can offer excellent image performance for different environmental applications.
- Eagle Eye Networks for their Eagle Eye Cloud VMS; this Eagle Eye Cloud Security Camera VMS provides 100% cloud management, 100% mobile and web browser viewing, and if you want – 100% cloud recording.
- Acal BFi Netherlands B.V. with their Intelligent People Tracker VCA2520PT. With this tracker you get real-time metrics and alarms from the latest VCA People Tracker over IP. The VCA2520PT offers inside and out the best performance for retail, banks and airports. Dynamic and stationary people are robustly detected.
Amsterdam Security Expo general information
Amsterdam Security Expo is the biennially leading trade exhibition for security and fire safety in the Benelux, from 31 October to 2 November at RAI Amsterdam. News and innovations will therefore have the upper attention during this first edition of the Amsterdam Security Expo at the InnovationLAB. Furthermore four new specials will be added: Secure Smart Buildings, Cyber Security, Fire Protection Area, Public Safety. Last edition 8.000 professionals visited the trade exhibition. More information and registration via www.amsterdamsecurity.com/expo
Not for publication
For more information please contact:
Alice Muurlink, Communication Manager RAI